10 Amazing Hand-painted Wedding Cakes
Hand-painted wedding cakes first made their appearance in 2015, but it seems even in 2016 brides just can’t get enough of yummy delights. One of the best things about a hand-painted wedding cake is the fact that it is completely unique to you – no other couple will have the exact same wedding cake!
Hand-painted wedding cakes really are beautiful works of art that can have your guests in absolute awe. They can be the focal point of any wedding reception and have the ability to perfectly reflect your wedding style. Time to indulge in a little slice of heaven…
1. I simply adore this delightful floral wedding cake by Sweet Deer Hand-Painted Cakes. It’s perfect for a Spring or Summer soiree, and would work wonderfully for an English country garden theme. I love the combination of fresh and faux flowers, and the few sprigs of foliage make it look beautifully natural. How incredible is the floral detailing?
2. I couldn’t resist choosing this 3 tier masterpiece from Smores Sweets. The top and bottom coloured tiers complement the hand-painted detailing wonderfully, and it looks far too delicious to eat! Flowers are the most popular decorations for wedding cakes, and this cake perfectly reflects why!
3. But you’re not just restricted to floral designs when it comes to hand-painted cakes – even though I love them! If you’re planning a Summer wedding that is ultra glamorous, this cake by Sweet and Saucy shop will definitely add a touch of luxury to your reception. The golden calligraphy writing is so pretty and the quote can be anything you want it to be!
4. Speaking of metallic shades, gold is a must-have colour for 2016. Cake Ink have got the idea right when it comes to this glam show-stopper! The mixture of bright, hand-painted floral detailing works perfectly with the dazzling gold icing. And need we mention the gold cake stand?
5. I am totally in love with this geometric style cake from Olofson Design. Geometric shapes and bright, bold colour schemes are taking the wedding world by storm, and this cake fits in perfectly with that theme.
6. This two-tier wonder by Cake Life Bake Shop simply transports me to hazy Summer days. The soft, watercolour detailing of the plants is beautifully colourful, without being too obvious. The fresh flower cake topper is the perfect accompaniment.
7. This cake by Buttercup Tea and Cakes is just made for a woodland or enchanted forest wedding. The addition of a lily pad cake topper and tree slice cake stand completes the look wonderfully.
8. All of your botanical dreams are about to come true when it comes to this stunning cake by Murray Me. Unsurprisingly, this is their most popular design. The intricate detailing of the vines and beautiful birds is just amazing!
9. This incredible cake by Nadia and Co would make a gorgeous centrepiece at any dessert table. The pretty, vintage-inspired detailing is so feminine. It looks wonderful surrounded by pale pink and peach macaroons and placed on a hot pink vintage cake stand. We are seriously swooning…
10. A delicate wash of blue watercolour makes this wedding cake by Cocoa Paloma and Desserts look as pretty as a picture. This stand-out design incorporates all things Spring and Summer into cake form!
Hand-painted wedding cakes can be all kinds of wonderful. From understated to eye-catching, you can ask your cake maker to create something that is individual and perfect for you as a couple.