10 Fabulously Festive Christmas Wedding Cakes
Christmas is the most magical time of the year, so a December wedding is always going to be particularly beautiful. You don't have to plan a full-on festive affair with red and green colour scheme, Santa's Grotto and a sleigh arrival to bring real Christmas magic to your day (unless you want to, of course!) - we think these stylish wedding cakes go to show that even the smallest touches go a long way when it comes to creating a true winter wonderland wedding.
1. It is a truth universally acknowledged that winter wedding cakes are very often white – and with good reason! This stunning creation from Cake Maison is reminiscent of snowfall with its delicate piped design, and proves that flowers work just as well on winter cakes as they do on spring or summer ones!
2. If you're embracing a Christmas theme for your wedding, then this fun sleigh cake from The Fairy Cakery is sure to bring out your inner child on the big day. With its neatly stacked present tiers, monogrammed sleigh and adorable reindeer, it's a decoration all on its own!
3. For a more traditional take on a Christmas wedding cake, this impressive 7-tier creation from GC Couture is an excellent way to bring the colours and sparkle of the festive season into your cake without sacrificing subtlety. We love the emerald and rhinestone studded ribbon!
4. Sometimes, all you need to create a picture-perfect winter wedding cake is to put it in a suitably festive setting! This eye-catching set-up from Cakes by Krisanthi cleverly uses a rustic tree stump stand, pine cones and moss to give the main cake a real winter woodland feel. The bright pop of colour in the red berries is a beautiful touch too.
5. This incredible macaroon tower from Rachelle's would make a show-stopping centrepiece at any dessert table! Combining pearlescent powder with the delicate crunch of macaroons and subtle silver snowflakes is the perfect way to capture the feel of fresh winter snowfall in a cake.
6. We can't get over how adorable this Peggy Porschen snowman cake is! The key to keeping a cute cake on the side of wedding rather than child's birthday party is simplicity – the icing on this cake is clean and simple, with the snowmen and the bright red cake stand being the main focus. Avoid tinsel, sprinkles and piped letters if you want to keep the look minimal.
7. It wouldn't be Christmas without a bit of sparkle, and this gold sequin cake by Zoe Clarke is a thoroughly modern take on festive glitz and glamour. The ombre effect and gold painted connection tiers make this cake particularly chic – especially when paired with a table runner in corresponding sequins.
8. For a cool Christmas dessert table, why not ask your cake designer to create several cakes in the shape of presents? It'll make a great photo opportunity, and everyone will love getting their very on piece of 'present'. You won't even need to recreate the dodgy Christmas wrapping paper, as this simple display from Elizabeth's Cake Emporium shows.
9. Who says your Christmas wedding has to be all about red, green and gold? This ingenious reindeer cake from Little Boutique Bakery replaces traditional red with purple to stunning effect – we love this bold take on a festive cake! The monochrome ribbon, glitter stag motif and geometric gold wreath design make this a truly unique design we'd be happy to see at any Christmas wedding.
10. Okay, we're cheating a little bit here as this technically isn't a Christmas cake, but who can resist a bit of Mary Berry? This classic fruitcake demonstrates that toppers make a big difference when it comes to creating your cake. Add a couple of shop bought pine trees and deer to the top of a buttercream cake and voila – you have yourself a sweet winter scene!