1950s retro glamour conjures up thoughts of full skirt, cinched-waist dresses, sparkling diamonds, classic cars and glamorous movie stars. Throw in a dramatic colour and you have a fabulous wedding theme to have fun with!
A 1950s wedding theme demands classic glamour. Take inspiration from old movies, books and icons from this fabulous decade.
• A full skirted wedding gown with cinched in waist
• A bold side tiara inspired by vintage wedding hair accessories worn by Silver Screen Starlets
• 1950s movie star make-up – dramatic eyes, lashes and a red pout
• A classic car
• A vintage cake topper for retro style
A dramatic red wedding colour scheme can be striking. Choosing subtle and clever ways to incorporate your strongest colour is the key to achieving chic style. Think flashes to complement but never overpower.
• A pair of red killer heels for peeks of colour as you glide down the aisle
• A red clutch bag to store your essentials in style
• Perfect your pout with red lippy
• Dress your cake or buffet table with red flowers or rich red fruits such as strawberries, raspberries and cherries
• Mulled wine for a winter wedding & cranberry cocktails for a summer wedding
• Oversized red bows around your chair covers
Imagery top left, top right and centre copyright of Carla Thomas Photopgraphy. Styling by Alex Peploe at Postscript Events.
Follow Glitzy Secrets's board Red Wedding Ideas on Pinterest.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …