Classic Hair Combs for Wedding Day Elegance
Always the perfect finishing touch, a decorative wedding hair comb is undoubtedly the most versatile of all bridal accessories. Whether your special day style is vintage inspired, modern, boho or classic, you are sure to find a design to effortlessly accentuate your look and complement your hairstyle.
- Consider your bridal hair: If you're going for a chic chignon or a timeless bun, the security of the updo will hold larger, statement hair pieces so the choice is yours! For looser, relaxed looks, scattering lightweight small combs throughout looks stunning and works best so the style isn't weighed down.
- Think about the placement: Work with your stylist to decide how to place your adornment. A French pleat looks beyond elegant with your wedding comb worn vertically along the fold. If you're going for a 1920s Marcel Wave, add a touch of Art Deco style drama at the side of the head near the temple. Enhance a romantic half up half down 'do by pinning at the back of the head - just beautiful as a focal point as your take your vows.
- Stylish silver, glamourous gold or romantic rose gold? If any of these colours are included in your special day colour scheme, why not choose the hue that will enhance it. If not, it's usually best to keep to the metal tone of jewellery you wear.
- Look at your dress detailing: If your bodice is embellished, enhance the accents by going for a bejewelled crystal and ivory pearl bridal hair comb. If it is embroidered with floral petals, choose a flower design to tie in with the overall style.
- The little details count so bring your wedding together by choosing bridesmaid hair combs that are either a smaller version or style to your own.
- Emulate your favourite era: Adore the glitz and glamour of 1940s Old Hollywood? A piece adorned with Austrian crystals will have you sparkling like a Silver Screen Starlet. If you've always admired the sheer timeless charm of Grace Kelly, a simple and chic decoration encrusted with shimmering pearls will give you the most elegant aisle style.