Put a Pin On It
With catwalks ablaze with Grandma's favourite accessory, the brooch is having a much deserved moment in the spotlight once again. Far from being limited to the lapel, modern girls are taking inspiration from vintage and contemporary fashion trends and showing just how versatile the brooch pin is for ladies of all ages.
How to Wear It
- Take your lead from the Old Hollywood Starlet's diamond obsession and adorn that fabulous evening dress with a diamante brooch pinned high on the shoulder or on a little marabou shrug.
- Go for on-trend motifs with cute bee or bird brooches and rock the retro look to perfection.
- Christmas motifs such as a crystal tree, snowflake or an angel are a must-own to add a touch of stylish seasonal sparkle and fun to your festive jumper.
- If you adore vintage style, choose elegant designs with pearl accents set in an aged gold or silver setting for a treasured heirloom look.
- Embrace your favourite era! If you adore the chic geometric lines seen in Art Deco brooches, go for angular stones. Or if you're a 50s fan, a timeless bow or floral sparkler will give you a hint of Grace Kelly style.
- If your style is classic, wearing a single pin is the essence of elegance but, for a bold on-trend look, cluster a trio of costume brooches together
- When your not wearing your jewels, fasten your collection to a cushion or mannequin so you can continue to admire their prettiness
No matter how you choose to wear yours, never underestimate how these treasures can up the style stakes and instantly transform your outfit