We are 100% committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors
So, even if you’re too busy to read all the info on this page, let us assure you that:
- We do not store your payment details. When you order with us online, your payment is processed via the world renowned SagePay or PayPal which use high-level SSL encryption technology. (see more details below)
- We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party whatsoever – that includes your name, address, email address or any other information. (see more details below)
- We will only email you…
- In relation to your order, such as sending your order or dispatch confirmation or to follow up if we have a query with your order or believe you have experienced a problem ordering with us. (see more details below)
- If you have chosen to join our GS Insider newsletter by opting in on our website. Even then, you can always click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any newsletter if you decide down the line that don’t want to hear from us again – but we hope you won’t! (see more details below)
- The cookies we use on our website are purely to enable us to provide you with the best shopping experience possible. No personally identifiable data is tracked and you can even manage your cookie preferences if you prefer. (see more details below)
Introduction To Our Privacy Notice
Our Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect when you use our website. Although we appreciate that there is a lot of information to read, it’s important to us to make sure you are fully aware of how we use the data, the reasons why and how it is stored or handled to keep you fully informed about your rights.
It’s likely that we’ll need to update this Privacy Notice occasionally. You can bookmark this page to check back whenever you wish. We will also notify you of any significant changes.
The Legal Talk
Under the data protection law, there are a variety of reasons we, as a company, may collect your data.
The information we collect here is required to carry out our contract with you.
As an example: When you order from our website, we collect your name and address so that we can process your order and pass the information onto our courier to instruct them where to deliver your purchase to.
The information we can collect here is dependent upon your consent and your choices.
For example: If you actively tick the box to sign-up to receive our newsletter, we will collect your email address to enable us to send the newsletter to you. We always make it clear exactly what you are signing up for and we will never use the information for any other purpose.
As part of running our business and to enable us to provide you with the very best service, we may collect your data to pursue our legitimate interests.
For example: We may use your browsing history to present you with personalised product suggestions relating to the products or categories you have shown an interest in.
In some cases, we may be required to collect and pass on details for legal reasons.
For example: In cases of suspected fraud, we may be required to provide details of people to the necessary legal authorities.
What Information We Collect & How We Use It
We require you to provide certain personal data when you place an order online at our website, create an account with us, request to sign up to our newsletter or enter a competition, or use our website.
The data you provide to us is used in the following ways:
- To enable us to accept and delivery your order to you
For example: We collect your name, address, products purchased, contact details and any further information needed to fulfil your order (such as any gift message). Without this, we wouldn’t be able to send your sparkles and send you your order confirmation and dispatch notification emails.
- To answer any questions or complaints
For example: If you email us for style advice or product information, we require your name and email address to be able to respond to you to comply with our contractual requirements. This information may be stored to enable to respond efficiently to future communications and to gather information to help us improve our service to you.
- To process returns
For example: If you return a product to us, we have to use the data on your return form to identify your order and instruct the relevant Payment Service Provider to issue your refund. Your name and email address are required for us to send you a notification to advise your refund has been processed.
- To remember your browsing and purchase history or products added to your bag
For example: When you return to our website, if you have allowed access to cookies, our website may remember the items you added to your bag, your login details to save you entering your details again, or present you with recommendations we feel you will be most interested in. In addition, we might also contact you if we feel you may have experienced an issue placing an order such as if you placed items in your shopping basket but did not complete your purchase.
- To gain insight into our website visitors & improve our service
For example: We also gather non-identifiable details of your visits to our website including pages you have viewed, the length of your visit or the type of browser or device you used to access our website if you have allowed access to cookies. This statistical data is aggregated to help us understand the browsing patterns of our visitors and, subsequently, use the data to make improvements to our website, and does not identify any individual.
- To send you our GS Insider Newsletter (please note that you must have actively requested to receive this)
For example: If you have ticked the box to sign-up for our newsletter during registration or have entered your email at the footer of our website or a pop-up to request to join, we will add your email address to our list of newsletter subscribers. You will then receive news of our product offers, coupon codes, competitions and other news we feel would be of interest to you. It’s important to know that you can unsubscribe at any time via the Unsubscribe link in every newsletter or you can contact us and we will remove your email address for you.
- To show you relevant advertisements:
For example: When you browse or shop with us and you have allowed access to cookies, we may use your data to show you advertisements as you browse the web showcasing our latest products or products we think you will be interested in based on your browsing history.
- To comply with legal requests
For example: In cases of suspected fraudulent transactions, we may be required to gather and provide personal data to the relevant legal authorities.
How Do We Collect Your Personal Data?
For example: when you create an account with us, place an order online at our website, when you choose to sign-up for our newsletter or contact our Customer Care Team.
- When you browse our website
For example: products you view, categories you browse, the length of time you spend on our website.
Sharing Your Information
We do not, have never and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party whatsoever.
However, as an essential part of providing our services to you, we share or may share your data or some of your data with the following categories of companies / services:
- Companies that enable us to deliver your purchases to you
For example: Payment Service Providers such as Shopify, Paypal, Google Pay & Apple Pay, companies that process our postage labels and delivery companies such as Royal Mail and other couriers.
- Professional service providers
For example: Our web development companies, marketing agencies, advertising partners such as Google Ads and website hosts, who each help us to run our website and company.
- Social media sites approved by you
For example: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Pinterest so that you can share or like our products or so that we can show you advertisements we think you will be interested in based on your browsing history.
- Law enforcement and fraud prevention
For example: So we can assist in helping to prevent fraud or provide the required information in any case of suspected fraudulent transactions.
- Third party analytic companies or services
For example: To help to improve the experience we offer you, these services, help us understand your browsing history to provide product recommendations tailored to your preferences. Services such as Google Analytics or Google Tag Manager also help us analyse behaviour on our website. This type of data is not personally identifiable.
You will only receive our newsletter, featuring coupon codes, offers or news about our products or services, if you have chosen to join our GS Insider newsletter by opting in on our website. To subscribe, you must actively tick the opt in box during sign-up, enter your email from the footer on our website or a pop-up.
Even if you have joined our mailing list, you can easily unsubscribe at any time by:
Once you perform either of the above actions, we will update your preferences to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages from us. Please be aware that it may take a couple of days for your preferences to update.
We believe every customer should receive the very best personalised service from us. To enable us to ensure we show the products you are interested in via banners and ads as your browse the web, we engage in online advertising.
To do this, we use a range of advertising technologies such as Facebook’s Custom Audiences and the banners and ads you see will be based on the non-sensitive information we collect about you such as your order or browsing history.
User Generated Content
If you have sent us user generated content, we may contact you or promote the content through our social media channels with your permission. For example:
- If you have emailed a photograph and requested to have it featured on our bridal gallery, we may promote your gallery listing through our social media channels if you have given your permission. We may also email you in order to provide you with a voucher to say thank you!
- If you submit user generated content through our social media channels such as a photo on Instagram or a tweet on Twitter, we may use your username or email address to communicate with you, in addition to using your photo. This data is only used with your consent.
- If you have submitted a review about a product you have purchased or a testimonial about our service that you wish to have featured on our website, we may promote your comment through our social media channels if you have given your permission.
It’s important to understand that you have rights relating to your personal information, how it is handled and stored. We have outlined this information below but encourage you to contact us if you have any questions at all!
You have the right:
- To request any incorrect personal data we hold is corrected. In most cases, you can manage this through your account but we’re happy to make any adjustments for you.
- To access the personal information we hold about you.
- To request that your data is deleted or that we stop processing or collecting it in some circumstances where we do not have a legitimate reason for overriding your request.
- To request we stop sending you our newsletter (as outlined above, you may withdraw consent at any time via the unsubscribe link or by contacting us).
- To request that your data is transferred to you or another service provider.
- To make a complaint to your data protection regulator: Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK.
If you would like to request to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us.
How Long Do We Store Your Personal Information
Where Your Data May Be Processed
In some cases, the data we collect from you may be transferred to and/or stored outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, for payment processing or where support services are located outside the EEA. The transfer of any data is kept secure as it would be within the EEA and any transfers are carried out in accordance to the General Data Protection Regulation.
Security of Your Personal Data
At Glitzy Secrets, we are fully committed to protecting the security of your data. As outlined, we do not store any payment information such as credit card details and we do not sell or rent your personal data at all. We only use your data as outlined in this policy and all information gathered by us is treated in the strict confidence with every reasonable step possible taken to keep your data secure once it has been transferred to our systems.
Our entire website is protected through the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol which the industry-standard for protecting web communications. Payments for purchases made through our website are through the world renowned SagePay and PayPal through the use of 128-bit encryption certificates.
Additional Steps You Can Take To Keep Your Data Safe
- Choose a password that is at least 8 characters long and a combination of upper and lowercase letters and numbers
- Always refrain from sharing your password with anyone else
- Regularly change your password
How To Contact Us