Accessorising Your Decollete on Your Wedding Day
Choosing the perfect necklace for your wedding day will largely depend on the neckline and style of your dress. At Glitzy Secrets, we encourage brides to embrace their individuality so they look like a beautiful, polished version of themselves on their big day rather than following rules and trends. However, it's always helpful to have some tips from our professional Stylists who have dressed hundreds of thousands of brides over the years to guide you to finding your perfect piece from our multi award-winning collection of bridal necklaces.
Our Brides Say... "I bought this to wear on my wedding day & it really is a lovely stand-out piece. My dress was a sleek lace fishtail with heart neckline and this necklace really added the touch of glamour I was looking for! Really well made and looked amazing in our photos too. Natalie"
- Strapless, bandeau and Bardot necklines give the illusion of exposing a lot of your decollete which makes wedding statement necklaces the most fabulous choice to create balance and exquisite detail.
- If your dress has a high neck, consider a choker or collar style that nestles just above for a touch of graceful glamour.
- A long necklace or dainty bridal pendant is the perfect to exquisitely enhance a plunging deep V-neck gown.
- If your bodice is bejewelled with pretty pearls, channel Grace Kelly's elegant style with a pearl necklace to accentuate the embellishment on your dress.
- Many modern brides are embracing colour on their big day. If you're wearing beautiful blush, neutral or pink hues, rose gold adorns with a romantic and feminine touch with a hint of contemporary style.
- 1940s and 50s Old Hollywood style is adored by many because of its timeless and classic glamour. Cascading cubic zirconia or crystal Y necklaces are certain to unleash your inner Silver Screen Starlet with sophisticated flair.
- Hark back to the beauty of yester year with a vintage style piece in antique gold or aged silver tone with smoky gems for a heirloom-worthy look.
- For a aisle style reminiscent of the leading ladies of Downton Abbey or The Great Gatsby, long pearls or a geometric Art Deco long wedding pendant layered over your 1920s drop-waist dress is a must. Don't be afraid to add a hint of jewel tone colour with either your own or your bridesmaid necklaces in hues such as emerald, or black and gold for the ultimate decadent touch.