Choosing The Perfect Headband for Your Wedding Day
Sometimes less really is more and all you need to add the perfect finishing touch is the delicate glisten of a bridal headband. Whether you opt for the most subtle single row of pearls or crystals to adorn your beautiful hairstyle, or you choose a more statement design, our award-winning collection features an array of exquisite styles. The hair accessory of choice for so many because of its elegance and versatility, let our Head Stylist's top tips help you select the perfect piece for your special day.
Top Style Tips:
- The best wedding headbands for short hair are tension bands that require no fastening. This also applies to loose curls or a bob. If you're a bride to be going for an up-do or half-up look, a design that secures with grips is also an option.
- Are you wearing your hair in an asymmetric 'do, such as a side chignon or bun, and love the idea of a bridal side headband? Work with your hairstylist to decide how to wear it. Some brides prefer to keep all detail to one side whereas others prefer to wear it on the opposite for a balance look.
- Choose a piece to reflect your big day style. Add a hint of romance with a flower headband for weddings with a romantic country garden or outdoor boho theme. For a glamourous 1940s Hollywood look, a diamante or crystal piece will add a touch of sparkle worthy of a Silver Screen Starlet. Or rock the retro look with a pastel pearl accessory - fabulous with a full skirt 1950s tea length dress
- Accentuate your colour scheme. Rose gold with blush or pink tones elegantly enhances those feminine hues. To emphasise luxurious metallics, look for a gold design with embellishment for added decadence. Don't forget to go for complementing bridesmaid headbands for your bridal party to really pull your theme together.
- Look carefully at the detailing on your bridal gown. If it's bejewelled with shimmering gems, carry this through by choosing a crystal and pearl headband for a touch of graceful charm. Floral motifs can be emphasised with a pretty design adorned with flowers whereas a Grecian one-shoulder creation looks stunning with a shimmering vine leaves piece.