The Most Stunning Jewelled Wedding Cakes May 25, 2018
It’s easy to fall in love with beautiful jewellery and when it’s your wedding day, you’ve got the perfect excuse to wear plenty of gorgeous pieces. However, there are more ways to include jewellery in your big day and, if you love sparkle, you’re going to adore these ideas. Jewelled wedding cakes are big news right now and with good reason. These stunning showstoppers are a brilliant way to bring a little extra glamour to your big day so ready, set, BAKE!
Why choose a jewelled wedding cake?
Well, perhaps the question should be ‘why not’?! Jewelled wedding cakes can work with almost any theme and you can go for a design that’s completely sparkling or something much more subtle. A cake with jewels could even become part of your wedding decorations and it’s certainly a wonderful centerpiece for your reception.
Images: Top Row Left via Leslea Matsis Cakes / Top Row Right via Country House Wedding Venues / Second Row Left via Muna Luchi Bride / Second Row Right via Pinterest / Third Row Left via Pinterest (same as before) / Bottom Row Left via The Editor’s Touch / Bottom Row Right via Hitched
For your jewels to really pop, consider setting them against a backdrop of beautifully smooth icing. Neutral colours work perfectly but icing with a gentle colour can also be a fantastic choice. Do be careful that your design doesn’t become overpowering however – don’t have colours and jewels all competing for attention!
Jewelled wedding cakes also bring your theme to life – a glamorous wedding requires some sparkle, an Art Deco or 1920s inspired day needs a cake that replicates those iconic designs and shapes of the era and a romantic affair is perfectly accented by pearls and soft jewels.
Finally, your cake could even become a way of including family heirlooms. Brooches, necklaces and other jewels can all be incorporated into a cake design and if this is something that you’d like to do, take the jewels in question along to your wedding cake consultation and let your cake maker come up with a design that you’ll absolutely love.
Images:Top Row Left via The Wedding Company / Top Row Right via Modwedding / Second Row Left via Pinterest (same as before) / Second Row Right via Sheer Luxe / Third Row Left via Bobette & Belle / Third Row Right via Wedding Ideas Magazine / Bottom Row Right via Pinterest (same as before)
Ideas for your jewelled wedding cake
If the very thought of a beautiful jewelled cake is making your heart beat a little faster, then it’s time to start thinking about the design of your own cake. Here are some ideas that are sure to attract lots of attention from your guests for all the right reasons:
- For subtle sparkle, add just one or two jewelled areas to your cake and accessories with flowers for a soft look.
- Create a quilted effect with jewels placed at each cross point – pearls look wonderful.
- Cover one layer of your cake with jewels for a really fabulous look – the base or top tiers work really well.
- Create patterns with jewels across your cake. Either opt for one or two tiers or cover the whole cake, it’s up to you.
- If you’re planning an Art Deco inspired wedding, consider adding feathers to your jewels.
- Use jewels to decorate sugar-paste flowers and have these trailing down your cake.
- Let jewels create one large decoration on your cake. Opt for something that spills seamlessly across the layers of the cake and symmetrically designs work best here.
Finally, if you’re using ‘real’ jewels on your cake, make sure that your caterer or venue know to remove everything before they serve your centerpiece to your guests!