Ultra Violet Wedding Ideas - Pantone Colour of 2018 February 16, 2018
It’s official – the colour of the year is Ultra Violet. Colour experts at Pantone have set our hearts racing with their annual announcement of the shade of the season. So, this feature is a little celebration of the colour we’re going to see a lot more of in 2018 and now, without further ado, let’s bring on this essential edit of Pantone Ultra Violet wedding ideas.
OK, so I’ll admit to being initially put off by the name ‘Ultra Violet’. It just sounded that it might be too much for a wedding. I thought it might be a bit too bright and a bit too much. But that’s just not true. In reality, Ultra Violet is actually a rather glorious, vibrant shade of purple. Yes, it’s bold but that’s its charm. And, remember that you don’t have to go big with the Ultra Violet if you don’t want to and actually, if you use it sparingly, it’s even more effective.
Now, on with the ideas and the inspiration…
Ultra Violet wedding ideas
Images: Top Row Left via Happy Wedd | Top Row Right via Stories in Bloom | Second Row Left via Perfect Wedding Magazine | Second Row Right via Pinterest | Third Row Left via 2 to Wed | Third Row Right via Bodas Y Weddings | Bottom Row Left via Jennifer Pinder Floral Styling | Bottom Row Right via Plan Your Perfect Wedding
To make this colour really beautiful, I’d use it alongside other purple tones and white or cream accents. This combination of colours creates real depth and interest and stops your wedding looking a little flat. Always play with tones, shades and textures to create the best effect.
Brides, bring the colour to your wedding day ensemble with your shoes and your bouquet. Add some sparkle to your shoes if you like or choose a really gorgeous ‘undone’ bouquet with coloured ribbons. Guys can match this look with their buttonholes and a sharp tie against a crisp shirt.
Bridesmaids can (and maybe even should) embrace the mismatched trend here. Let your maids wear dresses in a range of colours so that the tone they wear suits them or add a pop of colour to your own style with purple bridal jewellery. Again, this mix of colours is all about creating a richer look.
Images: Top Row via Marrygrams | Second Row Left via Fab Mood | Second Row Right via Brides of Austin | Third Row Left - Amethyst Angel Earrings by Glitzy Secrets | Third Row Right via Perfect Wedding Magazine (as before) | Bottom Row Left via Country House Wedding Venues | Bottom Row Right via Hi Miss Puff
Wedding decorations for an Ultra Violet wedding
Well, there are so many decorative ideas to choose from but I’ve picked out a few of my favourites for you here. I hope these kick start your own creativity and never be afraid to put your own spin on decorations and details
- Hanging florals are big news so use suspended glass vases to hold coloured blooms.
- Edible flowers atop doughnuts decorated with beautiful marbled icing might almost be too pretty to eat.
- Hand painted stationery with motifs in Ultra Violet look fabulous and you can carry this design through to your wedding day stationery too.
- The geode wedding trend is set to continue through this year so if you’re embracing this look, choose purple details for place cards, cakes and more.
- A little bit of coloured table linen always looks great but think about how you use it. Covering every table with a coloured cloth might well be too much but using one on the cake table or guest book table can work brilliantly.
- Coloured napkins simply folded on plates are another fab way to bring colour to your tables. Set these against wooden tables and alongside gold cutlery and you’ll show some serious style.
- Ceremony backdrops are becoming more and more popular. Keep the fabric light and then dress the backdrop with foliage and some well-placed coloured flowers.
- Lastly, let’s talk cocktails. I love signature cocktails at weddings because they just feel so celebratory. Ask your venue to mix you something Ultra Violet!